Scarecrow & Fall Decoration Contest
- Pre-selected spots will be marked at each building and gate entrances at the Stone County Fairgrounds.
- Each contestant must pre-register by Friday, Sept. 2. To register call 269-3336 for reservations. Spots will be limited and on first-come, first-served basis.
- Entries must be in place by Tuesday, Sept. 6 at 8:00 pm.
- Entries must include a scarecrow and be a fall theme.
- Advertising is permitted.
- Entries will be judged: 1st, 2nd and 3rd places will be awarded. 1st = $25; 2nd = $15; 3rd = $10.
We’d like to wish all of our friends and customers a happy time at the Stone County Fair! With the huge variety of attractions that our fair has to offer, you’ll never run out of things to do and see!
Home Economics Dept. General Rules
- Check-in and check-out times are listed in the program in this catalog. No entries will be accepted at any other time. Any entry removed prior to check-out time, without permission of division superintendent, will forfeit any ribbons or premium it may have won.
- All rules listed in the “Stone County Fair General Rules” will apply to the Home Economics Department, except number of entries limit, which is noted in each division.
- All entries will be labeled during check-in unless prior approval has been given and labels secured from the Extension Office.
- Each label will be numbered. A copy of the label will be given to the exhibitor. Each entry will have its own number and cannot be checked out until the matching number on the label copy is presented.
- Every precaution will be taken to prevent loss or damage to an entry. However, the fair association, superintendents and workers will not be responsible should such occur.
- Identical items may not be entered by the same person in any division.
Commercial Booth Space
- Booths will be allotted on a first come, first served basis.
- Must pre-register no later than Friday, Sept. 2. Call Holly Berry at 269-3336 to register.
- Cost of the booth space is $50. This covers gate passes for admission to fairgrounds.
- Each booth will be allotted a 4’x8′ space. All have back wall space and electrical outlets.
- No business or individual can set up on the fairgrounds without registering and paying the fee.
- Set up will be from 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm on Tuesday Sept. 6th.